From:
Laura Herrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:47:07 -0500
Greetings!
My husband and I are the proud new parents of Riley, a twelve week old sable
(at least I think she's sable), female fuzzy.  I wish I had known about FML
before her adoption because we have learned so much, but we are adjusting
well to the wealth of knowledge you have provided.  Thank you, thank you,
thank you!  Fuzzies are new to us and we are learning mostly by trial and
error.  I do have a few questions about some things that we have been unable
to resolve.

* Riley loves her litter box.  She loves it so much that it seems to be a
  favorite toy.  (but her mom is tired of cleaning up kitty litter) We have
  tried different litter pans and she will use it occasionally so I've left
  some of her "stuff" there to remind her what the box is for.  Could it be
  the litter, perhaps changing that will help.
* We can't seem to find a treat that Riley likes.  We've tried raisins,
  apples, cucumbers, Pounce kitty treats.  She does like the vitamins more
  but still she doesn't consider them to be a reward.  Suggestions?
* We live in Clemson, SC and I am having difficulty finding a vet who sees
  ferrets.  I don't want to take her to just anyone, several doctors have
  been willing to see her and to learn more about ferrets, but I don't want
  someone experimenting on MY baby!  Does anyone know of a vet in our area?
  I would imagine I could take her to the University of Georgia to their vet
  school but that is almost two hours from here and what do I do if she gets
  sick and needs to see someone?
* Through reading FML I am learning that all fuzzies like to nip and chew.
  Will Riley still want to nip as much as she gets older?  Or is she just a
  kit who will grow out of it like a puppy does.  She has learned "no" and
  is obedient but she just loves fingers and toes.  :)

I am so glad that we found you all and I look forward to many warm "fuzzy"
stories.  I have grown so attached to sweet Riley that my heart aches for
those of you who are missing your babies.  Thanks for all your help!

                    Laura, Shon and sweet Riley Herrick

Laura Herrick, Coordinator              ("`-/")_.-'"``-._
Women in Science and Engineering        (. . `) -._    )-;-,_()
201-4 Rhodes, Clemson University        (v_,)'  _  )`-.\  ``-'
Post Office Box 340914                  _;- _,-_/ / ((,'
Clemson, South Carolina  29634-0914   ((,.-'  ((,/

Phone (864) 656-7472            [log in to unmask]
Fax (864) 656-1397