Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:07:35 -0700
I found what so far is perfect dig box material for my back porch play
area. The floor is wood decking, so dirt is easily swept up.

This *dirt* is clean, no additives as in potting soil.

Product is Eco Earth, made from coconut husks for reptile habitats. Got
mine at PetCo. Comes in bags, and compressed cubes. The cubes expand
and break apart when wet.

The cubes are cheaper in packs of 3 ($10) and waaaaayyyyy fun for the
ferrets to dig apart.

I put one cube in the plastic wading pool, added a gallon of warm
water. Let the ferrets *find* it. They dug, dirt flew, they rolled,
they danced.

Is that Dirty Dancing?

I then added the other 2 cubes and more warm water. That was two hours
ago, they are still playing in the dirt.

I'll probably make a deeper/bigger box so more of the dirt stays
inside, with a ramp going in/out.

Project for the husband.

Now if the weather would just cool off so they can stay out past 10AM

Ardith