From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:33:02 -0500
Larry said to up Krystals carafate dosage so I took her from 1 cc to
1 1/2 cc's every 6 hours.  No more vomiting at this point.  I also sub-q'd
100 cc's into her last night.  The hardest part is getting the needle in,
I don't like that part at all.  Krystal ate 6 cc's of beef baby food this
morning, unwillingly, but she kept it down and she seemed a bit more alert.
She crawled under my blankets and rooted around a bit.  Ummm... she also
got back at me by using the bed, right by my pillow, as the bathroom.  Well
at least I could see her stool wasn't tarry.  sigh.  Laundry time tonight
again.

Ulysses has been battling a cold since Saturday.  Last night I started him
on Baytril, Amoxi and pediatric cold medication.  Sometime during the night
his fever finally broke.  This morning he ate 14 cc's and would have eaten
more had I let him but I was concerned he might vomit if he ate too much.

I did discover a better way to feed him.  It is a bit uncomfortable for me
but if it works for him I am only too happy to do it.  I prop two pillows
up on the arm of the futon then I lay back so I am sitting up but at an
angle, my back partially rests on the pillows and my neck is up further
bent forward (sort of like the up position when you do sit ups).  I lay
Ulysses on my chest and his body is angled down along mine, not straight up
and down.  He eats better this way and no gurgling.  So instead of holding
him so his body is straight up and down, his body is straight but at a
reclining angle.

So today, or at least this morning, was a better day for Ulysses and
Krystal.  I hope this is the turning point and that they will continue to
heal.  I know I feel better today.  It's been a grueling 5 weeks and I was
becoming tired and stressed and even grumpy.

We take it one day at a time but after 5 weeks it is somewhat difficult to
keep positive energy flowing and I was really running down.

Please send healing thoughts and prayers to Ulysses and Krystal.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity