From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 21:59:06 -0500
We have used food grade diatomaceous earth here for years to kill
fleas, boxelder bugs, those asian beetles that look like lady bugs,
spiders, and other pesky pests. Except for the occasional fly sneaking
in from outside, we are pretty much bug free here -- even with 71
ferrets.

Food grade diatomaceous earth is completely safe for your fuzzies --
They can walk through it & lick their paws with no ill effects. It is
even safe if they eat it. However, to bugs, it is deadly. Someone even
said it`s good for killing roaches & scorpions.

Google diatomaceous earth, and read about it. Buy some. It isn`t
expensive. (Be sure it is FOOD GRADE!)

The only danger is if the ferties inhale the dust cloud as you are
applying it (It`s like baby powder!) Once down, it is harmless to
them. Try dusting your carpet with it, and also thresholds &
baseboards. There is no odor.

Please keep us posted, & let us know how you fare! (I would expect to
hear from you in a week or two.) Best wishes!

Love,
Zoo