Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:20:46 -0700
Hi,

Kerby's CBC and other blood test came back today and showed kidney
disease and poor liver function.  Combining that with his enlarged
spleen, we entirely expect a positive ADV test.

What I really need to know is how long after exposure a ferret would test
positive for ADV.  (Assuming he has it, and assuming all the others were
exposed, should I have them tested now [2-1/2 weeks] or wait a few
months?) My intention is to test them all now, and probably continue
testing any negatives every 6 months for...well, life.  But my vet
doesn't really think any would test positive yet anyway.  If she's right,
then I should save a couple hundred bucks for my Adrenal girl's surgery
(and the cat's spay and the car's radiator and...)  But if she's wrong,
I'd feel a lot better knowing immediately, because (as you can imagine)
I'm feeling pretty miserable about the whole situation.

Thanks for the well-wishes for Kerby.  He's doing as well as can be
expected.

My computer's down at the moment.  Please send any responses to this
post to this e-mail address: [log in to unmask] so that I can read
them sooner.

Thanks so much!

Kara

p.s.  Mendel (vaccine reaction) can now walk and is doing great.