From:
Adrienne C Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 13:44:43 -0800
This actually happened quite awhile ago, and while it seems funny to us now,
it could have been disaterous, and could be for others.

In our last apartment, we had no real storage space, so the closet in the
study was really packed.  The doors were the sliding kind, not the folding,
and Magnum had managed to pop them out of the tracks enough that they no
longer went back in, so we were helpless to keep our kids out.  Our
industrious little Faux-Pas managed to climb a series of crates, boxes and
gift-wrap tubes up to the top of the water heater.  He then either jumped or
fell down the triangular space between it and the corner.

I noticed that Faux-Pas' brother, Snafu, had been up and about twice, but I
still hadn't seen the Faux-Man (they were still pretty young then and slept
a lot, but that seemed a bit extreme).  So I looked for him in all the usual
spots and started getting concerned.  I ended up at the closet and called
his name a few times, because there were spots they liked to curl up that
were hard for us bigger folk to get to.  I heard a rustling and a panicky
squeaking, and finally figured out where he'd gotten to.  After a few
moments of not knowing what to do, I threaded a towel down the hole, and he
very proptly climbed up!  He was happy to be out, but since he wasn't at all
hungry we figured he (fortunately!) hadn't been down there for too long!

After this, we were careful to keep everything piled FAR AWAY from the water
heater, and to keep the hole blocked, just in case .  .  .

Adrienne, Barry,
Magnum, Faux-Pas, Snafu, Carlin