From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 05:23:32 -0400
Cross post with permission:

The adoption that was going to take place for these 2 fell through so
we are reposting the need for a home: Brenda

I went into Petco today and was told there are two ferrets for
adoption. (this was several weeks ago on 7/6/08) Since I already
adopted pet rats, mice, hamsters, rescued 16 pinkies with the nursing
moms, and have a turtle, frog, fish, hermit crabs and a cat, I thought
"well why not a ferret?" I held them and was amazed by how sweet and
gentle they were. One licked my nose and then proceeded to bite my
arm. They are both females, the larger one white and the smaller one
black/brown/gray & white. Upon further research on ferrets, I found out
they should not be kept in a cage. I have no problem with this, but I
do not know if my cat will try to attack them. I honestly don't think
I am the one to adopt them right now. Do you know of any ferret rescue
homes in Westchester County, NY? I would like to take them from Petco
and give them to someone who can keep them un caged. Please get back
to me as soon as you can. Many blessings.

Contact Florence at [log in to unmask]