Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:37:44 -0500
I've been seeing a lot of posts about big ferrets, etc, and was just
wondering exactly what counts as a 'big ferret'?  Only having the two,
and having only really had contact with one other ferret, I can't really be
sure what size an average ferret is..

Mine are about 55cm/1.2kg and 60cm/1.7kg and the stray I picked up (and
returned to his very upset owners) was definately quite a bit bigger.  They
are about average I think.  I heard that the original fitches brought to NZ
were about 3 feet long.  I guess different countries would have different
sizes, different breeding strains, as well.

- Reet