From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 01 Nov 1994 13:33:00 -0500
Yes, yet another new version of the FAQ.  This time every single file
has been changed, all five parts of the regular FAQ and all seven
Medical FAQs.  None of the changes is really major, but if you're
keeping a copy archived you should probably slurp the newest version.
(Come to think of it, if you're doing that you should probably
subscribe to the FAQ at CUNY; contact me or ask the listserver for
help if you don't know how.)

The main reason for the changes is that I've finished converting the
FAQs to HTML.  (It's also available as text, obviously.)  I'm now
waiting for my department to finish setting up its WWW server, so I
have a local place to put the files.  I'll let you know when they're
in place; I hope it won't be too long.

>From the standard announcement:
The main Ferret FAQ is available by anonymous FTP in the directory
  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/ferret-faq/
(that is, ftp to rtfm.mit.edu and cd to the indicated directory).  The
files themselves are called part1 through part5.

If you don't have access to FTP, you can request the files by mail.
To receive all five parts in separate email messages, send email to
with the single line (in the body of the message):
GET ANSWERS PACKAGE FERRET

To get the Medical FAQs, use the command
GET DISEASE PACKAGE FERRET

If all else fails, send me ([log in to unmask]) email
and I'll be glad to send you a copy.  Be sure to let me know which
file(s) you want!

- Pam, keeper of the Ferret FAQ, in Rochester, NY
friend to Pixxel and Rusty the fluffy penny-dumpers