From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:44:32 -0500
I wrote a few days ago about a ferret with lethargy and a swollen
belly. I want to thank everyone for their support, it has helped,
greatly. Communities like this are wonderful resources that are never
appreciated enough. We printed everyones ideas out and took her to a
second vet who did blood work and said that her Red Blood cells are
very low, likely there is some leaking into the abdomen of some kind.
She is 85% sure its juvenile lymphoma (my baby is 2 years and 10
months), she seems a little old. She said that once it manifests
ferrets have days-like 3. My baby has been not herself for 10 days.
Still hoping its something else. Still eating still drinking. normal
stools. She is clumsy while walking which may be do to the muscle mass
she lost. Her belly is still swollen, she has bits of energy here and
there. insulonoma has been rulled out. Does anyone have any ideas?? im
gonna seek a 3rd opinion. The new vet said that our original vet was
too quick to dismiss her as a hairball problem-very very angry with the
vet, who acted like we were crazy to bring her in! I know im grasping
at straws, its been a very hard 2 days since her diagnosis. She is my
first ferret, and i love her more than anyone can imagine. As much as i
want her with me i dont want her in pain. could her rbc be low from not
eating enough? her condition has not changed in the 10 days, she
plateaued, any advice?