From:
Sc Ellis-Blackwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:49:31 -0500
Sandra posted-
>He just stiffened when we picked him.  His little toes were splayed and he
>hind legs were just rigid.  He also splayed his front feet and just snuggled
>into my chest like he wanted to hide inside.
>When yu hold him, he just presses up against you like he's
>afraid he'll fall.  If anyone has any clues...

Could he be afraid of heights?  Our boy, Jake, when young and smaller would
splay and cling when picked up.  Still does this occasionally.  We try to
remember to make him feel safe and supported when he's picked up.  He would
also climb up on things (some not very tall) and be afraid to come back
down.  Once he climbed atop a covered basket (14" high) and "got stuck" up
there till someone came and rescued him.  He apparently had to potty while
stuck and had just scooted to the edge and pooped over it!  He has pretty
much outgrown this fear and only displays it occasionally.

Shelly
(SC Ellis-Blackwell)