Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:17:37 -0400
This is in response to the post in today's FML from
[log in to unmask] where they posted a link to my web site. I do not
read the FML very often anymore and a friend of mine informed me of
this post. I believe that you have combined posts from three different
breeders into one person. I would like to address some of the comments
you made that apply to me.

The first comment was an "afa breeder posted". Nowhere in my post did I
say I was an afa breeder. I am not. I am a breeder who happens to be a
member of the AFA. I'm not even sure what an "afa breeder" is? As far
as I know the AFA does not have "breeders". They have members who are
breeders but past that I'm not sure that I understand this comment and
I'm not sure how this applies to me. Your other comment of "someone
also said the afa breeders would not breed if this rescue happened" has
me curious. I saw one person post who said they had taken this year
off from breeding and one posted that they might take next year off
especially if this rescue happens. Again, I do not recall a post saying
all afa breeders wouldn't breed. Can you please tell me where I can
find this in the Triple F site?

I stated in my post that I cut my breeding plans back, not that I
hadn't bred at all. I also stated that I referred quite a few people
to various rescues instead of trying to place my own babies. My exact
words "They had a home. The rescues didn't." The DMK rescue took place
in the fall of 2007 my breeding's that you are questioning were in
2008. In 2008, I had 21 babies born to four jills. I realized at the
time when I bred them there was a good chance I would not be able to
place them due to the DMK rescue and I had no problem with that. Every
time I breed it is with the realization that those kits are mine for
life whether they stay or I place them. Of the 21 kits born 9 stayed
with me, 6 went to breeders and only 6 went as pets. Three of the
people who took ferrets as pets also adopted from shelters and one
person had adopted two DMK boys.

On the face book group they had asked people to post their name,
location, etc. I posted info about myself in hopes if there is a
rescue that I might be useful in some way. If anybody wants to read my
original post they can go to the face book page for the Triple F Ferret
Farm discussions and search the group for my name to read what I wrote.
If anybody has any questions otherwise please feel free to email me
directly and I will answer any questions that you have.

I have signed my name and used my real email address. I am hoping
whomever [log in to unmask] is they have the courage in the future
to sign their name to their posts.

Kay Amrine
Fire Storm Ferrets
www.firestormferrets.com