From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 09:49:42 -0500
To: Linda Doran
  Hi Linda! I really don't think you have much to worry about if your ferret is
healthy. I must mention a bad experience I had about 5 years ago though. I took
one of my ferrets to K- State to have her teeth cleaned. They wanted to take
x-rays and do blood work to make sure she was healthy enough to handle the
anesthetic - which I thought was a good idea. Well, the x-rays showed that she
had these little nodules on her stomach (maybe it was intestine) lining. They
decided to aspirate one and try to find out what it was. Their results were
inconclusive. She had her teeth cleaned and had no problem with the anesthetic.
She died two weeks later from internal bleeding, and I really believe it was do
to the aspiration. So be careful if they want to do more than blood work and
x-rays.

Katrina Ramsell