From:
Michael Iles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:37:00 E
Hi everyone, I'm currently ferretless but hoping to adopt two soon and I
have some questions.  I have to say that all the information here and in the
faqs is fantastic!  I've read one or two books on ferrets but they can't
beat having all of you and all your experience.

The questions:
1) If I have two ferrets for a few years and then get a dog, will the
   ferrets and dog accept each other?  The faq talks about introducing
   ferrets to other established pets, but not the other way around.
2) Do ferrets chew power cables?  This is a particularly sensitive question
   for me due to 'The Computer Incident': I had two pet rats (they died a
   year ago) who co-inhabited my desk with me quite happily until they
   discovered the playroom behind my computer and permanently disconnected
   my mouse, monitor and keyboard for me.  (I still find the rat-chewing-
   mouse image very funny.)
3) Can anyone recommend ferret breeders in the Montreal (Quebec, Canada)
   area, or at least anywhere between Ottawa and Quebec City?  I won't buy
   from a pet store (I hate the concept and don't want to support them), and
   would prefer to either buy from a breeder whose breeding area I can
   inspect, or to adopt ferrets who need a home.
4) Are there any ferret associations, recommended veterinarians, or other
   useful resources in the Montreal area?

Thanks for your help, and you can look forward to many more 'new ferret
daddy' questions from me in the future!

Mike Iles