Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:12:41 -0400
The AFA and Wild Weezil Women On Wine are very pleased to remind you of
the 2009 Dooktoberfest Ferret Show. The show is being held at the Motel
6 in Frederick MD (formerly the Quality Inn Fort Detrick) on Saturday
October 31st.

Once again Dooktoberfest is a fund-raiser show. Last year we raised
funds for Travis and the Black-Footed Ferrets. In 2007 we raised funds
for the Mongo Memorial Titer Study Fund and the DMK Fund. This year
attendees will choose the worthwhile cause - just like last year.
Exhibitors and vendors in attendance will be given a form with a list
of worthwhile causes to choose from. The cause with the most votes at
the end of the day will be the recipient of the net proceeds from the
show.

The AFA and Wild Weezil Women On Wine invite all ghouls and ferret
hob-goblins to enter our Second Annual Halloween Themed Costume
Contest. We are so excited about it we just couldn't wait another day
to give you the official rules - owner and ferret costumes must go
together or relate in some fashion. We want you to have plenty of time
to plan for and prep your fabulous costumes, because I know with all
the ferret funatics we will have in attendance, the competition is
going to be a stiff - I mean stiff! So what are you competing for? A
spooktacularly (yes, I really did just say that, sorry) big ribbon that
will make all the other competitors green with envy - plus another
little surprise or two.....

Since this show is 'ON' Halloween, we strongly encourage ALL attendees
to be in costume - even if you'd rather not compete in the contest.

More information can be found on the AFA website at www.ferret.org or
if you have specific questions please contact one of the Wild Weezil
Women On Wine at jbferret @ mindspring.com (no spaces).

Hope to see you all in Frederick on October 31st!
Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets:  An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book