Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:59:31 -0700
Hey, it's Jennifer and the dynamic duo here .... just wanted to quickly
respond to those who had emailed me about my previous post regarding our
new home and the kiddos' new living quarters.  I had happily announced
that my fuzzies and I had just moved into a condo and now the kiddos have
their very own room and utility/laundry room to play in.

Some of you were worried that the dryer hose or other electrical 'issues'
may not have been addressed but I can assure you, I've thought of
EVERYTHING in hopes of providing a safe area for my precious babies to
dwell.  There is less than a 1/2 inch space between the bottom of the w/d
machines and floor so that's not a problem and I have constructed a large
hinged wooden "box" that fits snugly between the washer/dryer so that I
can have a bit of extra 'countertop' space and storage room insided the
box AND the dryer hose is then totally unaccessable behind the hollow
box.

Oh, and the washer is a top loader and the dryer door is far too high for
either of my kiddos to get into.  Besides that, I would hear them in
there anyway but they really have no interest in spending all the energy
it would take to get in there when they could be sleeping the day away!

I'm working on the rest of the condo but it appears pretty darned 'ferret
proof' at the moment.  The only way these kiddos are getting out of the
place is if they unlock the doors and crawl out in the middle of the
night (not saying they CAN'T but chances are it would greatly disturb
their sleep pattern and they aint letting THAT happen, I'm sure!)

Thanks for everyone's concern though :-)

Jennifer