From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:43:16 GMT
I have a stubborn ferret named Chimi who just will not - and I mean refuses
to use the litter pan when out of the cage.  I can sit there with him in
the room..he begins to back up next to the pan...I pick him up, put him
in the pan, he looks at me sharply, then gets out the pan, runs under the
bed...thinks I am not looking, backs up to another litter pan(next to it) I
grab him, put him in the pan, try to block him, so he can't get out...he
gets around me, runs and plays some more...has to pee or poop so he just
does it in front of whatever he is in front of.  No matter how badly he has
to go, he will hold it until I can't catch him and place him in the pan.

It used to work...I used to be able to put him in the pan and he would
go.... I would reward him with a treat..all would be fine.  I give up...
he's a punk.  So, I get ferret math..think I want another ferret...instead,
I put the money towards a Little Green Clean Machine - you feed it soap,
it pees on top of the ferret pee, then it sucks it up...it smells nice,
doesn't need a cage, sits in a closet until I get it out to play and there
are no vet bills.  OH, but it does get hairballs...nothing life threatening
though.

Have a ferrety day,
Stephanie, Chimi, Pepe & TurboSuck(the noisy ferret pee eater)