From:
sheila faix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:29:40 EST
Hi everyone
Tonight was bath night, and as I took my only little one down to the tub I
noticed that he had a bump on his side.  When I took a closer look it turned
out to be dried blood over a smaller bump.  We washed it off and now it
looks like a bug bite.  Does anyone have any sugestions as to what might
have caused this or of any "ferret" medical problems that cause this?  My
room where he plays is very ferret proof.  The only thing that my family and
I could come up with is that it could be a bug or spider bite.  (I've
already checked for fleas.) The house was sprayed on 2/12 for bugs.  He has
been just as playful as ever and eating everything in sight (including
ankles :) btw bandit is a 3yr old sable male who only weighs 2.5lb.

also, what is the word on disemper shots for ferrets?

thanks in advance
Sheila
and Bandit aka. Dinky or Dinky-doo "mom still gave me a bath yuck!!!"

[Moderator's note: The word for distemper vaccines is YES.  BIG]