From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:13:52 +0000
The FML is 25 years old today!!!  Hooray!

Thank you, Bill Gruber, for your many, many years of service to the
ferret community by providing us with the daily FML, without which:

We might never have gotten to know one another - especially from one
coast to another.......

We might not know the name of one, Sukie, who also helps us tirelessly
as well....

We might never know of a group of ferrets in desperate need five states
away.....

We might never know (or know too late) about a large rescue or shelter
in dire need - and we might NEVER have pulled off the McKay 600......

We might not be able to disseminate the information to the ferret
community to help aid in large rescues or disasters...

We might never know of a existing (or newly formed) ferret organization
designed to help ferrets/owners in need or to educate..............

We might never find out about a fabulous new ferret product, designed
to save us time and money.....

We might never know about new and wonderful ferret toys for our
kids......

Or a skillful veterinarian for us go to go........

Or new treatment or pharmaceutical information to help our sick
kids....

We might never know of the launch of a fundraiser for a good cause....

We might not know of The Giving Tree and shelter ferrets might not have
a visit from Santa on Christmas....

We might not know of the Black Footed Ferret breeding/re-introduction
program at Prairie Wildlife Research....

We might not hear of food or treat recalls.....

The FML.....a venue where the moderator is fair, never allowing any of
us to blindly bushwhack a fellow FMLer.....

A man who puts up, sometimes, with incessant bickering, finger pointing
and enraged accusations and still finds a way to forgive us and let us
keep posting....

And about a thousand other things too. At one point or another, we have
all been helped by the FML.

The point is, we know all of these things because the FML helps us keep
in touch. Without it, I wouldn't know ¾ of the ferret people I know
now - thousands of miles from me, but just an email away if I need
them (and vice-versa). This bond serves us and the ferrets well, and
I thank you, Bill, for your tireless support of this sometimes crazy
crowd, the ferret community. What a long, strange trip it's been!

Bill Gruber, you are our "Ambassador of Kwan"......

Lisa O.
Washington Metro Area Ferret Outreach shelter
F.E.R.R.E.T. (ferretemergency.org)