From:
Debbie Utter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:53:18 -0500
Hi.  I posted a few days ago that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to resist
ferret math 'cause I was dangerously close to bringing home a cute little
albino with a gray tail.  I went back to the pet store yesterday - he was
still there ... and I brought him home with me!  He's just too cute!  I
sure hope he doesn't lose the stripe down his back.  Now is the fun part:
coming up with a name.  I'm thinking about Klondike.

It's getting a little tricky introducing him to my other four, though.  One
of them even got a death grip on his tender nose through the cage - poor
thing!  I've introduced ferrets to my group before, but they were all
adults and I felt they could pull their own weight.  I worry about this
little guy.

Question: His eyes don't seem to be BLACK, but they're not red, either.
At 8 or 9 weeks of age, are his eyes the final color they'll be?

BTW, he's a Marshall Farms ferret.  Linda recently posted about MF's
"guarantee" only applying if the ferret stays on Marshall Farms ferret
food.  Sure enough, I checked the guarantee that came with my ferret, and
that's exactly what it says!  Unbelievable!  Can they really do that?  I
don't feed my ferrets Marshall's food - it would be impossible to keep
them separate or feed them separate foods, and I'm not about to switch
four ferrets over to Marshall's food in order to keep this "guarantee"
legitimate!  Besides, what if you give the ferret only Marshall's food as
his main diet, but that's not the ONLY thing he eats?  Is the "guarantee"
invalid if he gets raisins?  Cheerios?  Duck soup or Bob's Chicken Gravy?
Come on!  Sorry, but this one irks me a bit....