From:
Kathryn Prentice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 10:49:53 -0400
Hi, Nick, Hope & Gang --

>We have a 2 bed room town house so the BIGGER room is his and the
>computer room combind.  and he is really making it smell in here just
>with his pee smelling so bad.  He does try to dig in the litter in the
>boxes though and manages to get it all over once in a while.

I found that the best & fastest way to potty train my ferret (still
working on the new kit) was to take some of her cushy, soft bedding and
put it in the places she liked to poop.  I had a lot of leftover white
t-shirts and towels and used those with her; she doesn't poop in "snuggly
places" so that's what did the trick.  I just had to make sure that she
actually snuggled in in for a while first, so it would have her scent on
it.

I remember, long ago, someone else posting the same kind of advice here;
I remember that person saying that when you first start out, you might
need to cover the whole floor (except for the poop area) in snuggly
stuff, and then gradually remove it as the ferret gets better about using
the box.  It would probably be a good idea to put litter pans in all the
corners in this case (and/or fence off part of the room and gradually
increase that area's size), so the little guyzos don't have to wander
very far to go.

Good luck!

 -- Kat Prentice