From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:02:24 -0700
First I want to say, I have just now completed reading the last three FML's
and cried my heart out...for all the fuzzys that have passed recently...to
all the fuzzy's moms and dads I feel your pain and offer my sympathies..

We have been doing some spring cleaning around here, and we moved our
hospital cage out onto the the (upper) back porch deck, it was away from
the edge of the rail but still close enough for a moderate jump, I left to
get some morning doughnuts, and when I got home, Louis had a interesting
story to tell me,I AM SO GLAD I WAS NOT HERE, I would have stroked.
Shortly after i left he gets a knock on our door from one of our neighbors
claiming 2 of our ferrets were on her upper porch deck, scratching at her
screen door..(see it pays off to INTRODUCE yourself to your surrounding
neighbors) she was leary to pick them up though she lets her 3 year old
handle them, they make her nervous, louis trekked through her house to
retrieve Joey and Socks.  IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE the walked along a
railing 5 inches in width for about 8 feet, and to jump up a porch divide
which slants at about a 70 degree angle jump down on to their railing and
then another 5 foot jump onto their deck...did I mention I was on the
second floor..the fall would have killed them...Once I held Chandler on the
railing to let him check out the view..all he wanted to do was get
down..THE LONG WAY I am glad these two had the sense not to go over the
edge.  I got lucky..if anyone has enclosed porches, be careful what you put
outside..ferrets can climb and jump!!

June Louis and the zoo