From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:58:05 EST
Hopefully some of you will remember my Otis having his second adrenal
surgery in January.  They found tumors on both sides.  One of the tumors
was in the vena cava and the vet determined it inoperable and said
litigation would be very dangerous.  So, I got Otis his 3 month shot of
Lupron.  Last night as Otis was playing I noticed he kept losing control
of his back legs.  I am so sad as I feel like I am losing this battle and
he just doesnt understand what is going on.  Has anyone else had a ferret
with a tumor in the vena cava and experienced these kinds of problems?  I
figure what is happening is that the tumor is restricting the blood flow
to his back legs causing him to lose his footing.  Should I go ahead and
try Lysodren?  Will these help?  Does lysodren shrink the tumor?  Anyone
with advice or support please email me!

Lisa