From:
Donna - Educated Ferret Assoc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:50:34 EDT
Hello all you ferret lovers.  You are invited to the "The 2002 Four Rescue
Spring Ferret Frolic."  Hosted by The Educated Ferret Assoc. of Ma., FACT
of Conn., Ferret Wise of NH., and The Gimme Ferret Rescue of Ma.

When: Sunday April 28, 2992, 10 am - 4 pm.

Where The Elks Lodge # 1849 431 Granby Road, Chicopee, Ma.

As you have read in the previous FML postings, ADV is on most ferret
owners minds.  We have received many calls on what we are going to do
about precautions and protecting the ferrets they bring.

Our frolic program is different than those in the past.  We want it to
be a safe place for ferrets and for owners.  We want it to be a learning
experience, with seminars on ADV and other medical issues, yet still have
fun and to be able to find good quality ferret items.

To make it safer for the ferrets we have taken out a lot of the
traditional games and replace them with contests where the ferrets do
not come in contact with each other.  There will be areas where a ferret
parent can leave their babies under supervision of a volunteer, while
they attend a guest speaker,seminar, look for that special item for their
babies, have lunch and dessert or enjoy the entertainment.  Yes the
ferrets have taught the humans to entertain.

Throughout the next few weeks we will post the schedule and the
precautions we are taking.  We will post the guest speakers, contests,
entertainment, and the two games along with the wonderful prizes and menu
for the dinning area.  Also the shelters have wonderful unique raffle
items to learn about.

Looking forward to meeting some of the FML humans and fuzzies.

Thank you
Donna
Coordinator in Massachusetts.
With lots of fuzzies