From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 18:47:24 -0400
Hey All,

>We have people moving into these areas; Need to locate ferret
>knowledgeable vets and shelters.
>
>Goldsboro and Seymour, AFB area in North Carolina also Texarkana, Arkansas
>Thanks and Dooks,
>Rick White, Dir., SAFE

There are several excellent vets in NC.  However you will have to travel to
Raleigh or Wilmington for them.

Dr. Dan Hudson
Cary (Raleigh) NC
910-481-2987

Dr. Dan Johnson
Durham (Raleigh) NC
919-844-9166

Dr. Lauren Powers
Chapel Hill (Raliegh) NC
919-918-4000

Dr. Melvin Howard
Wilmington NC
910-256-2624

also visit www.ltrifl.org/thegaurdian for The Ferret Gaurdian Rescue Haven
located in Statesville, NC

There is also a ferret lovers club located in the Raleigh area,  The
Triangle Ferret Lovers Club
www.trifl.org

The vets listed above get an excellent rating from ferrets and their
owners.  I drive 3 hours to Raliegh and 1.5 hours to the one in Wilmington.
They are the best and my Fuzzy's deserve the best.  Please be aware that we
do have many vets saying they are ferret savy and are not.  It is your job
to ask a bunch of questions only a ferret nut or a vet would know before
allowing them to care for your fuzzies.  I learned the hard way and try to
prevent that from happening again.

Hope this helps

Dooks and Blessings,

Karen and the Fuzzy Beach Bums.