From:
Vivian Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:51:49 EDT
it is possible that ferrets can and some do get congestive heart failure
just like we do!as some of you know my killer had adrenal surgery on 9-5
and that night he developed a wet cough!  well that monday i brought my
really sick ferret killer back to the vets because the cough was getting
worse!  they did a chest x-ray and found the lungs clear but an enlarge
heart!  there was a lot of fluid in his abdomin when he had the left
adrenal gland removed and the vet said it can be cause from the heart
or liver ; but there was a small chance the adrenal gland caused it!  i
waited and monday found out he had congestive heart failure!  he is now
on meds and still sleeping alot but this morning we found a rather large
pile right in the middle of the bed room door why!  this is an
improvement since the last week all he moved was about 5 steps!  well i
think every one should be aware that ferrets can get it!  i did get hope
of a okay life when we found the suprise this morning!