From:
Roytman Sergej <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1993 12:58:06 -0400
My ferret, Belka, doesn't stay scruffed.  When I pick her up, she's still just
awake enough to make fine jobs, like cutting claws, difficult.  A ferret-person
I asked about this said that as Belka grew bigger her weight would knock her
out completely, but she's a good-sized, three pound female now, and still
manages to squirm about.

Perhaps I'm doing this wrong?  I grab a piece of skin between Belka's shoulders
and let her hang down.  Anything lower on the back doesn't work, and anything
higher looks as if it will restrict breathing.  Is there an art to this that I
don't know, or do I just have an abnormally active weasel?

-- Sergej Roytman