From:
Tiffany BANNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:24:21 +0800
Greetings and salutations.

I am a newbie on this ferret list, and my name is Tiffany.  I have five
ferrets, Maverick (my favourite), Bess (our first), Tipsy (very cute), Duke
(a real rascal) and a so far unnamed ferret who we rescued.

My problem begins with this new ferret.  When we found him in a dumpster, he
had a large abcess on the back of his shoulders which might have been caused
by a cat bight.  (according to our vet.) But after antibiotics, that seems
to be a lot better.  The only problem now, is that he seems to have back
problems which are affecting the way he walks.  He drags his back legs along
when he moves and doesn't have the reflex of turning his feet back over when
you put them upside down on the ground.  I also have my suspicions that he
may be slightly brain damaged, because he just doesn't act normal.  Like he
doesn't react to noise or vibrations, and he is overly placid.  (something
our vet noticed too when checking teeth and ears and having not the
slightest problem.)

If you can help me with some ideas or answers, I would be greatly
appreciative.

Tiffany Banner (aka Redfox)
and fiance Rohan Wendt.
Geraldton WA