From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:24:45 -0400
--- In Ferret-Health-list@y..., XXXXXX... wrote:
>Does anyone have any suggestion for a ferret with a cold?  My little boy
>is coughing & sneezing & has runny eyes.

Truly, ferrets do not share colds with humans - they can catch the flu,
however.  As a general rule, I don't usually prescribe any medication for
ferrets who are eating and active, but if the congestion begins to impact
on their eating, 2-3 drops of Afrin topically on the nose twice a day may
help.  The flu usually will run its course within 2-3 weeks.

With kindest regards,
Bruce H. Williams, DVM, DACVP

Join the Ferret Health List at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list