From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:10:10 -0400
I am about to get flamed.  As to ferret skins, stuffed ferrets and all, It
may not be appropriate to market these items on the FML, but EBAY is.  I
looked at the site that is selling the ferret skin, it didn't state what
the circumstances were of the animal's demise, and is only one pelt.

I have two ferts.  When one dies, I will have it stuffed.  The thought
of loosing one is repulsive enough, but they are short lived compared to
humans.  Their visit with me is filled with lots of good food, toys, clean
water, a huge cage, and more time out of the cage than in while enjoying
full run of the house.  Yes, they get into trouble allot, but that is what
ferrets do (I still can't find that bottle of 2 cycle oil for gas they
stole, after 3 weeks of searching... just hope they don't find the chain
saw too!!!!).  There is no better way, for me, to continue to enjoy my
ferts than to have them taxidermied but only after a natural expiration and
a long and happy life.  After all, Roy Rodgers had Trigger stuffed for the
same reasons.  But for me, with both my carpet sharks only 1 and 2 years
old, there are many more years of live company before that happens.

Ebay is not selling production stuffed ferrets or ferret pelts.  They are
isolated examples.  I do not support production animal items.  I suppose
most of you also eat meat.  Where do you suppose that comes from?  If God
didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

Not a pleasant subject, but lets put things into perspective and be real
about life.  You can e-mail me directly if you would like to flame me.

Gordon, Byte-me and Nibble-ed