From:
Mike & Camille <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:48:56 -0600
Hi,
Im new to the FML, But I've been reading back issues.  And doing alot of
searching on the web, And I can find everything about ferrets ecsept how
well they get along with young children.

I have a 4 year old son and a 9month old daughter And I recently got a new
Female kit she is about 10 weeks now her name is Mira.We have owned Ferrets
in the past and the only thing that seemed to bother my then 3 year old son
was when they would jump around and play..  he would just climb up on the
couch.

I havent ever had a ferret with a 9 month old though, It seems like to me
if I get her good and nip trained (knock on wood) I could raise them up
together, she would be just as use to a ferret as she would be a kitten or
a puppy that was in the house.

Dont get me wrong..  I wouldn't leave them unsupervised.(then again I
wouldnt leave her un supervised period) I know kids can be very rough with
animals so for the ferrets saftey and my daughters there would be close
supervision.

I guess what im wanting to do is get yall's thoughts on it.  Could I let
the ferret have roam of the house, or keep her in only a few rooms she
could live in?Or do you know any dangers im not thinking of?  I just realy
need some input from ppl that know ferrets pretty well.

Thanks for yalls time.  and im looking forward to any help you can give me.
Email me personaly if you want..  I would love to hear from you.

Camille
Kandiss.. "Can I eat her momma"
Mari.."Can I nip her Momma"