From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 01:40:51 EDT
Just a reminder: here on the FML, the abbreviation MF can mean Modern
Ferret, the magazine.  It is also frequently used to refer to Marshall
Farms, a large breeder of ferrets (and some other anmimals).  Please
keep the context in mind or some posts will seem mighty strange!

And OK now... speaking of MF, the magazine: What an amazing array of posts!
And tempers!  I really do think valid points are being made on both sides
of the issue and I don't at all see the answer as "either black or white".
In some ways I must be a minority here -- there seem to be rather strong
opinions for one side or the other but little in between.

But, as much as possible, we need to focus our energies to help ourselves
and our ferrets, not to destroy the special bond we share here.  Please,
if you have a constructive opinion with new information let's hear about
it!  But I think the debate will have to wind down soon -- it's getting a
bit too close to debating about each other rather than about how to help
ferrets.

The Modern Ferret posts are grouped at the end so those finding them too
depressing can safely skip the last part of the digest.  The also make up
the bulk of this digest.

It's a little early, but there are already Christmas Carols posted on the
FML!  Amazing.  Anyone want to collect them?

Take care,
Bill