From:
Hacker Tracker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:39:14 +0400
Our baby went to the vets today for possible Adrenal Disease for her hair
loss.

The vet doesn't think she has Adrenal Disease, thank god.  He thinks she
might have an allergy to food or treats.  The home environment is well
kept so he thinks it could be an allergy.  My SO had bought a new food
and treats a few months back.  So to the ferret owner, if your ferret
doesn't have fleas, introducing a new food or treat could cause your
ferret to lose hair on their tail and back.  I never realized a food
allergy would make a ferret lose their hair.

With the possible blood in the stool, it could be caused by their treats.
Vet adviced to clean litter boxes and leave one ferret out at a time to
see who might be causing red in the urine or stool.

Hope this advice helps someone in our position.

Tracker

If your not part of the solution, don't be part of the problem.