From:
Loren Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:20:42 -0600
First of all are you really thinking about the ferts needs and comfort or
are you just thinking about your own feelings.  This little girl of yours
is obviously suffering every day she is still with us.  You have had a
pace maker installed in a ferret!!  For what reason. to extend her life
to make you feel better!  To spare you the hurt of losing her?  What
about her?  Thanks to the pacemaker she now has to suffer through
insulinoma! and she is freezing because due to that afflication she has
lost up to 40% of her nice warm fur coat.  That would be like you walking
around your house all day without wearing the top half of your clothing.
You would probably want to lean up against something warm to!  The little
girl is also BLIND.  Try walking around your house with bad hips while
your also cold and on top of that you CANT SEE A STINKIN' THING!  Would
you want to live like that?  Instead of thinking about how you can keep
her warmer maybe you should think about what you can do to end her
suffering.

We have 6 ferrets of our own and we love them all very much.  I know I
would not think about letting any one of them go through what yours is
going through right now!  I love them to much to let that happen.  Yes I
will be very sad and hurt when any one of them passes onto the bridge but
I will recover and they will no longer be suffering!  Their not suffering
is much more important to me than my own feelings!!  They give us so much
love and affection and entertainment and they are here for such a short
time.  The last thing I want for them is to have them suffer while they
are here.  I consider it my responsibility to see to it that they NEVER
have to suffer for anything.  Especially for the sake of sparing me any
pain!!  So yes I do see something wrong with your thinking.

Loren.

[Moderator's note: And for an altrernate point of view, see the next
post!  BIG]