From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:46:53 -0500
>From:    Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Found a solution to Pet Store problems!!

You go girl! :-)  I applaud you for what you have done, thank you for being
that voice for the precious animals in that pet store.  You have given me
(and i'm sure others on this list) inspiration, I know not everyone in this
world will have the guts to do what you did, but might inspire some to take
similar actions.  Let's hope this pet store makes some positive changes!

Wiggly Giggly Ball - have some of you heard of this ball?  It is a medium
sized round ball that makes sort of a "chirping/squeaking" sound when it is
rolled on the floor or shaken.  Well, my one female fert Spunky goes nuts
when this ball is rolled or shaken.  She will start to quiver and attack
the nearest fert available.  She has been an only ferret for two and a half
years, (long story), but she has never gotten along with my other four and
is terrified of them.  Well, one day I brought this ball home because some
people have mentioned that their ferrets enjoy chasing this ball.  I found
out that it drives Spunky nuts and she has gone after my other four and
tries to show them who's boss...keep in mind, that when I tried to
introduce my four to her, they each tried to dominate her like the usual
goes for intros, but this is strange because she is the one showing
dominance and jumping on the ferts when she is usually afraid to death of
them.  I don't like to have my others play with the ball, because I think
it might be distressing to her since she reacts the way she does.  I wonder
if it's kind of like she is protecting her babies because of the sound it
makes?  She seems to be a bit more confident, but is still afraid of them.
It was actually quite amusing to see her chase them off, they are
intimidated by her when she charges them like that.  Anyways...just
wondered what you thought.

*Dooks & Hugs*
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah