From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 08:27:59 -0400
>From:    Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vomiting
>Will people post their opinions of ferret's vomiting?  For me 1-3 times
>in days is nothing to be worried about, but some people think they should
>take a ferret to the vets.

Vomiting is not normal and can be a sign of a serious problem.  It takes an
awful lot going on for a ferret to vomit.  I've had ferrets since '86 and I
can only remember one vomiting and he had a foreign object in his stomach.
Others have had various illnesses, including ECE, and have never vomited.
No, I don't believe vomiting 1 to 3 times a day is nothing to worry about.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc