From:
Pat Scherschel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 20:28:03 -0400
Dear Friends,
I have posted before but always with an amusing or funny story.  Now I need
your help.  My boy, Weasey, had his spleen removed on Monday because it was
"very" enlarged.  There were spots on his liver, too.  The vet did a biopsy.
The results came back today and it showed that he has lymphosarcoma.  To say
the least I am devistated.  I was so excited because he had come through the
surgery and was feeling so good.  My vet has heard of an experimental drug
that has had good results on dogs and is checking into getting some to give
to Weasey.  I don't know what to do.  I am so afraid of trying anything.  My
Tasha died only two months ago because she had adrenal cancer and we tried
giving her lysodren and it was only two weeks later that she died from
internal hemorraging.  I feel the lysodren was the cause of the bleeding.
We've only had Weasey since January when we got him from a bulletin board
ad.  He has always been sickly and I blame myself for waiting so long
(because he spleen was so large) to have something done.  I'm sorry, I am
feeling so badly tonight.  All I have every wanted for him was to feel good
and to run around and dance and enjoy everything he could.  If anyone could
tell me their experiences or any facts that will help please e-mail me
direct.  I have already printed the information I could find on the
internet.  I think I have sent for the medical FAQ but I'm not sure I did it
right.  I gave all my information I had printed to my vet.  I don't mean to
sound like I have given up because I haven't.  Whatever it takes for him I
will do.  When I find out the name of the medicine the vet has in mind I
will let everyone know so that if you have heard of it you can all advise
me.  Thanks to all you wonderful people.  I don't know what I would do
without the FML.  I have learned so much and it is because of all of you
that I finally decided to find out why Weasey wasn't feeling well.  I will
close now.  I think I will go and love on my little boy for awhile.  Thanks
again everyone for listening.

Love and fuzzie kisses from the Scherschel menagerie.