From:
Anthony Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:58:50 -0400
-- FMLers,

Just thought I'd let you know about another lesson learned about owning a
ferret(which you know they often teach us something new everyday).  Since I
owned two dogs and a cat before a ferret I had a pet door put in that would
allow the cat to go down in the basement to use his litterbox and the older
dog who has lost some bladder control a warm place to sleep at night without
ruining our carpet.  Well yesterday Lily (Our little one) after almost a
year of watching other animals go thourgh a door into a room she had not
been permitted decided to see what the big deal was.  I had just went down
to clean up and as usual may faithful poodle went down with me.  Now I had
noticed that Lily was starting to want to be everywhere we were(which after
a year of trying to get her to trust people again, she was abused by
previous owners)but never thought she even knew how the door
worked(wrong!!!).  So to make a long story short after a few minutes I
turned around and there she was looked right up at me and tooked off to
explore this new space.  I have never been so frighten in my life I was
afraid she would get into something and that part of the house had not been
ferret-proofed.  So I just wanted to share this with anyone who may have
these types of doors (some may even go outside) to watch out and protect
those little fuzzies.

Rhonda Smith & my little teacher Lily