Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:46:44 -0400
First my husband gets a speeding ticket... two hours later he hits a
pole ... I come home my expensive fish is half dead ... and worst thing
of the day ..  I think my ferret is seizuring!

I walked into their room.  The rest of the ferrets had already busted
out of the cage.  Maybe they were trying to tell me.  I look in the cage
and see NewGuy lying on his side panting.  His body was not shaking.
The pads of his feet were very pink.  His chin was covered with saliva.
Every few seconds he would pant very loudly exposing his tongue and
teeth.  It was over in about 5 minutes.  I offered him some water which
he drank readily, then looked like he was choking on it a few minutes
later.  Right now he is just lying here sprawled out on the floor.  I
am at a loss at what to do.  Its close to midnight.  I mean i know i
need to call the vet, i just need to know what i can do to make him as
comfortable as possible until he can get there.

Thanks for any insight.
Nichole and the 9 fuzzies