From:
Nickolas Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 18:56:56 EDT
Dear Fuzzy Lovers,

I used to keep my ferret in the basement, she had full run of half the
house.  As winter arrived I moved her up to a spare bedroom, which she
prefers, it was a little to cold for her.  Anyways, I couldn't figure out
for the longest time, that when I did the laundry, which I do in the
basement, the room got incredibly humid and hot.  What I didn't realize was
that my little monster had eaten holes all through the dryer hose.

I should have known to buy extra when we replaced the ruined one.  After
reading all the mail recently, some of you suggested getting this hose as a
toy.  Last week-end I purchased 8 feet of this tubing, what a hoot.  For any
of you toying with the idea of this cheap purchase, do it!.  You will have
the happiest fuzzy in the world.  I'm going to buy 8 more feet, but I don't
know how to connect it to the other hose, I'm sure I'll figure it out.  Some
of you also suggested raisins, my Madison hates them, she spits them back
out at me.  She does love cantelope and cucumbers though.  All ferrets are
so unique, yet so the same.  Another really good toy is anything with
velcro, especially those sandals with the wrap around velcro strips, and
Roller Blade wrist protectors, just be sure you buy 3 sandals next time
instead of a pair (heehee).

To the person who wrote in about, "if ferrets like mice".  Yeah for dinner!
I have a rat, and I know if they every met I'd be less a family member (the
rat).

One last thing, sorry I tend to ramble on.  Does anyone know of a famous
painting by Leonard Da Vinci (I think), with a woman with a ferret wrapped
around her neck.  Apparently it's where the expression "ferret face" came
from.  I was told the woman on the painting has exactly the same features as
the wrap around ferret.  Let me know I'd really like a print of this
picture.

Sorry, this really is the last thought or question.  Does anyone know of a
chat forum on the Internet, just general talking, not related to ferrets or
anything like that.  Please let me know.

Here's Dookin at you kids!
CIAO for now, Karen and Madison (BALD now) from the ZOO in T.O.