From:
Ellen Van Landingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:17:29 -0600
Gail,

Yes, ferrets who are growing a new coat from scratch (following adrenal
disease, surgery, other medical procedures that require shaving) often look
blue.  "Five o'clock shadow" is a perfect description!  I find it a rather
attractive color, but Ken has dissuaded me from shaving the ferrets every
few months to keep them looking this way.

Sounds to me as though Elie is doing fine.  Enjoy the exotic color while it
lasts!

ellen & the Gang of [for the moment] Three