From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 09:51:27 -0400
>From:    Jim Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Liability insurance
>
>A person contacted me today anything to know of a company he could get
>pet liability insurance.  His apartment complex has added it to the lease
>agreements and he has to have a 10,000 dollar liability policy in order to
>keep his ferrets.  This person is quadriplegic and even has a prescription
>to keep his ferrets while he has plenty of help to care for them and a
>place to keep them in case he cannot find the insurance he would much
>prefer to find the insurance so that they can stay with him just the way
>things are.  Can anyone tell me where to find such a type of insurance...

He should be able to get this clause added to his renter's insurance.
Allstate or State Farm are usually the best companies to get Renter's
Insurance from.  It doesn't have to be specifically about pets, just
property liability.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser and Bailey the ferts
Pyewacket the cat
and Smokey the African Grey

Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.