From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 01:50:50 -0800
    To:Heather Bell, per. Abi..

     I've bought 8 ferrets from pet stores and NEVER (!) had any upper
respiratory problems at all, much less told they are "normal"....  Not good
store policy!

    I'd highly recommed the colloidal silver liquid for this, personally.
It has no side effects, and the partial necropsy results from my Nermal
indicated nothing would culture on her, meaning there were absolutely no
bacteria as in an infection.  It did appear that she had several cancers,
but the rest of the tests are not back.

    I've taken to sllowing my fuzzies to have off the end of the dropper
almost what they want to take, be it 1/4 cc up to 2cc.  I'm using it also
experimentally for swolen spleens, and am having more than 50% reduction,
which is vergin research territory.  It's been in use since the 1800's, and
when the silver prices went up in the 1920's people switched to the then
cheaper synthetics.  The story is reversed now.  Also there are no reported
negative side effects like often happen with the synthetic antibiotics.

    The only sneezing I've heard from my guys is from investigating
dusty corners.

    They're # is: Silver Wings, 800-242-0828.  This is the product several
of us use, & I've found it the most cost effective I've come across.  Their
standard strength is 270ppm, and they also have an 500ppm solution.

    To prevent/treat hairballs, etc.  I use petromalt, the same as sold for
kitties.  If you have any latex type rubber toys that they might chew on &
swallow, they can be in danger of dying in 48hrs if they get it lodged in
the intestines so that nothing or very little can pass.  If if doubt of
this, consult a good vet quickly.  When we suspected a blockage in Timmy,
the vet Rx'd 5cc of ferretone via mouth twice a day, and 5cc baby Fleet
enema, twice a day in the other end!

        Best wishes, Gary