From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:01:56 -0800
Hi All,
Last night while watching the news there was a clip about California's
fish and games newest victim.  Seems that a guy has changed a protein
(minus or added I can't remember) on a pet Zebra fish.  This change makes
the fish glow!  He has filed for an exception to the NON-native species
rule so he can sell his fish here.  There was big who rah rah about
selling it in the state of California.  Many people testified that they
didn't know if it "escaped" into the wild what the impact would be on
the native fish, especially the Salmon, population.

Does this sound familiar?

It could "possibly" decimate the Salmon!  There were no less than 10
commissioners from other states fish and game departments that testified
that the fish posed no harm to wild species of fish.  Ca Fish and game
ruled 3 to 1 to not allow the exception to sell the "non-native" species
in the state.  They stated that although there was no proof that the fish
would be harmful they thought it was ETHICALLY & MORALLY wrong to alter
the fish from it's natural state.

The fish will go on sale in ALL other states sometime before Christmas
for about $5.00 each.

So there you have it, we won't be able to having "glowing" ferrets
either!  HA!  HA!  But not laughing.

Signed, Tired of this crap in Ca.