From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 20:16:59 -0500
We have noticed that more often than not Meltdown has the bouts of syncope
or is at least hazy on the days when her peripheral areas are unexpectedly
warm for someone with her level of cardiomyopathy.  When her tail is like an
uncomfortable block of ice and her feet are very cold she is with it.  Since
we've noticed that her heart pounds like crazy sometimes when the rhythm
gets off we suspect that we might miss some short bouts or she have
something in the way of borderline condition at times.

When she's really, really cold she likes to use the hair drier, and will
hold her little feet up like a person before a fire.  We have also taken to
warming her bedding (the ones which safely can be warmed) in the clothes
drier.  Mostly she spends a huge amount of time in my shirt.

If anyone recalls Meeteetse is the one who fell in love with ATC's science
reporter's voice over the radio and would do her darnedest to get up and
kiss the speakers while he was on.  Well, today, she and I were kissing when
she stopped short, licked her chops and pointed toward the kitchen.  It
seems someone on there had said a favorite seasonal word: "eggnog".

Spot is wild about mince cookies.  He grabs a bit and dashes down the hall
with the blubber on his sides jiggling merrily all the way.

Sukie