Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:26:53 -0400
Sarah Senior Reporter
Daisy Cub Reporter
September 2013

Sarah here: Oh my another wild month at the shelter! It has been nuts
around here! Miss Mary Ellen came to spend the weekend with us and her
far away fur kids - the pink ladies
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/CNY_Business/CNY_Business.html
and lord Jenkins
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Lord_Jenkins_III/Lord_Jenkins_III.html

Miss Donna and Mr. Paul have been here to keep our property looking
awesome. Mr. Paul is pretty handy to have around he is big and tall so
he helped get the tin roofing up to Mum (she was up on the shed roof)
so Mum could secure it. It blew off in one of the big wind storms we
had this summer. Then he helped Mum get the attic stairs down in our
new activity center. They are very big and heavy stairs so it was so
good to have Mr. Paul help Mum so they did not fall on her head when
it was unlatched.

Miss Loana came for dinner the weekend Miss Mary Ellen was here, they
were all having dinner when Mum got a phone call from a lady that said
she was at the door... Mum had forgotten they were coming to see the
shelter and us fur kids. OOPS!

Daisy here: We had 2 sets of new families in to see us fur kids the
families that stopped were nice. One family left saying nope ferrets
are not for us, the second family mom and her 15 yr old daughter (the
ones Mum forgot were coming) wanted to touch and hold everyone of us.

Munch was to come to camp for a few days but he left for Rainbow Bridge
on Saturday before he was to arrive on the followingWednesday. His
family brought us all of his things, they told Mum several years ago
they were not going to get another ferret once Munch was gone. Fly High
Munch you will be missed! Miss Donna Z stopped by with a car load of
papers for us. Thanks Miss Donna Z! Mum and our volunteers have been
working hard to transform what used to be our pet supply store into an
extension of the shelter as an activity center. Mum wants to set it up
so if school kids want to write a report or learn more about us fuzz
butts there will be tons of information right at our center. Walls and
shelving have been moved out table and chairs moved in. We think it is
going to be really cool when they get it done! Mum says it is going to
be a ferret free zone! Yeah like we believe that line!

Sarah here: Stop that Daisy! Mum went to spend some time with her 2
legged furless grand kids, she took stuff so they could help Mum put
some wagons together for our next Christmas in October event.
http://www.ferretfarm.org/events/OctXmas2013.html
We are having a wagon train contest. We shelter kids get to be in the
contest too! We can't wait.

Mum has talked so much about us and what she does here at the shelter
to the humans that she works with that Miss Kris elementary school
principal, Mr. Matt High School principal and middle school teacher
(Mum can't remember her name ) stopped to see what all the fuss was
about. Miss Ili came to help Mum get us looking awesome. This place was
sparkling when they walked in for the tour. Mum had the center pretty
well picked up, Miss Ili did more to make it look even better, it is
obvious that we are under construction. They were all pretty surprised
at the size and scope of our facility and even more so when Mum said
this was the love of her life. One of them said oh you poor thing! Mum
made sure real fast that she is doing exactly what she wants to be
doing NOTHING poor about it!

Miss Kathy and Miss Marilyn are back home in N.M. Miss Sheilla and Mr.
Malcolm came up from Brooklyn to visit, they got here when Mum was on
the phone with Miss Sue B. When they walked in Mum had several barriers
down and we fur kids were running all over the place. Miss Sue's call
came in while Mum was shifting us from room to room so the call stopped
Mum in her tracks.

Miss Sheilla helped Mum get us kids moved and the cages caught up while
Mr. Malcolm hung out with Daisy. They stayed until about 2:30 they
wanted to get back into Brooklyn before the holiday traffic started to
move.

Daisy here: Mum spoke with Miss Amy the manager of Petco in Mattydale
NY on the phone, they had a ferret workshop weekend coming up and Miss
Amy really wanted us to be there to set up. Mum told her she and the
volunteers that live up that way were discussing and working on it.
Dr. Charlie, Master Reilly and Miss Patty made it happen!
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.550550181683761.1073741837.370639603008154>

Thanks you guys for helpen us out!

Miss Ili and Mr. Bob dropped off the remaining screens that are all now
covered in hardware cloth ready to go up. Mr. Bob B did an awesome job
on them, Mum wants to screen in our front porch so Mum has a porch she
can sit on. They not only donated the time and talent they donated the
money to purchase what was needed to cover the screens to make them
ferret proof. NOW COME ON do you really think Mum is going to go out on
that porch to sit WITHOUT one or two of us to keep her company?? Not
happening

Mum is back to work on the Big Yellow Thingy. Our last DMK kid left
for Rainbow Bridge, Mum moved Sho into that cage. My far away mom Miss
Marcia came to help and hang out with me, I went to take a nap before
she left I was so pooped she wore me out! The two girls Mum was taking
care of for Ontario County Humane Society are now officially shelter
kids. The judge did not want to send them back to the poopy place they
were removed from. Now they need a far away family to sponsor them.
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Darby_Lucy/Darby_Lucy.html

Sarah here: Mum found these really awesome clips to use to hang our
hammocks and bungalow's that make it easier for her to put them up and
take them down, so Snowy's far away mom got us more so Mum could put
them in all our cages. They are tiny enough to get into the spaces she
needs them in, strong enough to hold a lot of us at once and little
enough that we won't even consider trying to put our heads into them.
Thanks Miss Lauri F. for helpen Mum get more for us. Miss Trish W.
Jeffery's far away mom got Jeffery and his crew 2 new floor pads that
fit perfectly in their horizontal cage, Miss Leslie Sho's far away mom
got Sho a sweet looking bungalow for his new cage! We have awesome
shelter friends and volunteers.

Well Daisy I think we are done reporting the news, there are no more
notes at the bottom of the page. You got anything else to say before
we conclude this month's news?

Daisy here: only that we hope to see you in October for our Christmas
in October event.

Until next month

Sarah and Daisy