From:
"Rebecca A. Murdock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 10:56:46 -0400
Kodo's plight got me wondering about TN's policy.  I called the Wildlife
Resources Agency and they stated the Ferret is considered domestic.  But I
would have to call the Public Health Department concerning the rabies
policy.  I did, and wasn't happy to hear that TN is a kill and test state.
The Public Health department still considers ferrets to be wild animals and
usually "kill and test".  The man did say there could be exceptions, but
wouldn't tell me what conditions those exceptions would be based upon.

A little good news locally is that the Humane Society does accept stray
ferrets and puts them up for adoption the same as dogs and cats.

Rebecca and her girls
Scrappy - "If it fits in my mouth, it must be food"
Squeeky - "You're disgusting, you'll eat anything"