From:
"Lisa G. Fleischmann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 13:36:55 -0800
Hi!
Just thought I'd add my $.02 on the tooth cleaning issue.  If you scrape the
tartar off your ferret's teeth, the teeth need to be polished after the
scraping.  Scraping makes microscopic crevases in the enamel -- great places
for bacteria to grow to make more plaque and tartar.  If you have an
extremely tolerant ferret, maybe you could do it.  None of my ferrets would
be able to hold still enough while conscious.  I do brush my ferrets' teeth
(though not as regularly as I should).  I like the flavored made for pets
toothpaste stuff (I think it is called Petrodex?).  I tried the chlorhexidine
gel, but my ferrets hated it with a passion.  The chlorhexidine gel is
supposed to be tasteless, but it must must be really yucky tasting -- even
my dogs hated it, too (and they are not very discerning when it comes to
taste).  It didn't taste that bad to me, but I'm just a human.

Is it possible to measure insulin levels to aid in diagnosis of insulinoma?
Is it possible to have a low glucose (69) from intestinal malabsorption?
Squirt (who I posted earlier was diagnosed with insulinoma) has gained 30g
this past week :) I'm still unsure of the diagnosis, and some of the
clinicians have mentioned this would be a good time to do surgery.

Hugs and Dooks,
Lisa and Daisy, Squirt, Snowflake and Thomas