Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:39:24 -0400
>Sometime ago someone posted about a ferret who will suddenly lay flat on
>her/his stomach with feel straight out..is this flat ferret??? ...

My little ones all flat ferret from time to time.  Isis does it when she
thinks I am not playing with her enough.  my boys do it after they have
played too hard and are taking a breather... I think a certain amount of
flat ferret is fine, but it is my understanding and I may be wrong, that
too much flat ferreting could be indicative of other things.  But I do
think it is a normal behaivor.