From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:16:46 -0700
I'm assuming you're talking about the "Multi-floor home" that's black
bars and probably a blue base? I've had one for years and have liked
it except for the fact that it is a bit tough to clean. What I do is
vacuum the kibble crumbs every few days. Otherwise you end up with
this nasty pasty kibble/water gunk that lines those shelf troughs. No
clue why they have those on the shelves - it is pretty lame. Also
don't bother with the ramps or tubes (if the cage came with them) -
much better to stagger the shelves instead. If a floor piece gets
particularly dirty then what I'll do is pop the piece out and wash it.
The design at the bottom makes it really difficult to get any poop that
gets between the bars and the plastic base that the cage sits in. What
I do to try to prevent anything getting in there is I fold newspaper
and put the fold going up the wall of the cage with the litter boxes
infront of that. I use two small rectangular cat boxes that just fit
in through the lower gate. Once a month I put newspaper on the floor
and lift the cage out of the base and then clean both the base and the
cage bars.

Ok now that I wrote what a bitch it is to keep this cage clean I
suddenly don't like it so much lol I'm going to get a new one soon as
the bars in this one are actually started to rust (it's about five
years old). My problem is where I have it there's just enough room for
it so I really can't go wider. And I don't really have anyway else in
my little house to move the kids to.

Laura and
http://www.ferretocious.com